Blog for my weaving and horticulture avocations

CLICK WEB VERSION FOR BETTER VIEWING THIS BLOG

I am the proud granddaughter of Hungarian and Slovakian Immigrants.
This blog is where I share some insights about my avocations of Horticulture and Handweaving.


There are more labels at the very bottom of every page to help navigate topics.

Sunday, November 18, 2018

GIFT SHOW 2018

The gift show for 2018 is under our belt. 


Thankful for all the people who make this possible every year.  I meet new people and my scarves and hats find good homes. It is especially exciting when I see my favorites go to people I know. 

I'm also thankful for Frank who puts up with my last minute ( last two month actually) intense constant weaving and preparing as well as the help loading and unloading, and then  loading and unloading again as he delivers everything and me to the show and back. And everything positive to say of all the dinners and grocery shopping he always does anyway that allows me to enjoy my hobby so much.
Now it is my turn to put the whole house back together and clean up the scattered remnants that made their way into every room in the house. The new crochet projects will take their place besides my family room chair in hopefully a better controlled arrangement - for a while anyway. Those new ideas just keep popping up!  

The show was crazy busy the first 3 hours!  (Was there an important Husky game in the afternoon?)  I wish the show could be two days.  
As pictures of the table show, I was very stocked up and many of the items were still rolled up. Those who came early did not get to see the selection that got unrolled as the day went on. I probably should have paid$ for an extra space. 

Items sold well and I'm always surprised where the interest is each year. This year the autumn colors were well received whereas none sold last year.  The small single cowls all sold and most of the narrow size double cowls. 
Only three special handdyed Tencel scarves sold. I may have gone over the price point on them, but unfortunately the cost of those yarns, and all my yarns and supplies went up in cost for the dyers and weavers last year, and more are going up this coming year.  My prices are still way less than any found on Etsy of this quality. And the same or less than at the Seattle Weaver's guild shows.
I'm certainly grateful for those customers who understand that. 
The two months when I couldn't do weaving due to myeloma issues, I picked up some very nice acrylic yarn I ordered from the UK and made some beanies and ALL of them sold!  
Half of the headwarmers sold.   So I know what my quiet evenings with maybe some music or TV will find me doing this winter. 

But wow! the weather is great and it is sunny, but cold, so maybe I should be out in the garden doing fall clean up and planting. I always intend to get some items from my potting propagation area planted in the fall after the rains start but there is still warm soil. It is a little late for warm soil, but in the PNW plants can be planted as long as the soil is not frozen or saturated.  

I will update my Current Inventory soon.  A lot of great weaving is available. 
Just email or call to arrange a time to come by:  heddleandhook@gmail.com 

Pictures from just before the show started: 





notice the double stacked rolled scarves



new scarf display stand that Frank built
notice the rolled cowls stacked up 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I'd love to hear what you think.