Blog for my weaving and horticulture avocations

CLICK WEB VERSION FOR BETTER VIEWING THIS BLOG

I am the proud granddaughter of Hungarian and Slovakian Immigrants.
This blog is where I share some insights about my avocations of Horticulture and Handweaving.


There are more labels at the very bottom of every page to help navigate topics.

Sunday, April 12, 2015

MULTIPLE MYELOMA RESEARCH IS SORELY NEEDED

click for  My 2015 fundraising page and story.

Last year, on June 28th, 2015,my team ReMission MM Possible participated in a 5k / 1 mile run/ walk at Magnuson Park in Seattle to fund Myeloma research at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.  I would like to invite you all to join my team or donate to help find a cure  ( there is no known cure) for Multiple Myeloma. 

To join my team or donate for 2016 go to https://www.firstgiving.com/team/317339

I was diagnosed this past February 2015 after several years of vague troublesome symptoms always attributed to something else. My treatments of chemo so far are about half way over, If all goes well in June I will have stem cells harvested and then in July receive a stem cell transplant.

 This disease is one of the fastest-growing cancers in the world. Despite its high numbers and devastating effects, the public -- both patients and physicians-- (and Physicians--can you believe that?)  --remains largely unaware of myeloma. As a result, patients can go mis- or undiagnosed for years. 

My other goal is to raise awareness of the possible symptoms so others can get a diagnosis and be treated in a more timely manner before damage is done to other areas of the body. I will be happy to share with you what all I have learned about this disease. 

It would be fun to run and / or walk with you on my team, or even have you come cheer us all on. Please go to the MoveMMore site to register and/ or donate.
 My team is "ReMission MMPossible"  and the registration will want the Team Captain; Judy Bracik and  the password for my team is "swedish"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I'd love to hear what you think.