Blog for my weaving and horticulture avocations

CLICK WEB VERSION FOR BETTER VIEWING THIS BLOG

I am the proud granddaughter of Hungarian and Slovakian Immigrants.
This blog is where I share some insights about my avocations of Horticulture and Handweaving.


There are more labels at the very bottom of every page to help navigate topics.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

MT. KILIMANJARO INSPIRATIONAL TRAILBLAZERS



I just received this inspirational video from Mark - a Myeloma friend - and arborist in Seattle with Madison Park Tree 
He has dedicated himself to many amazing fundraising events for Multiple Myeloma research over the years! -- the NYC marathon for the LLS, MoveMMore, thrithalons, etc. and this year Defeat Myeloma. 
He trained for the Kilimanjaro climb but his maintenance meds stopped working and he needed a new trailblazing treatment so he couldn't do the climb in the the end. 

Please watch this video of some amazing folks dedicated to finding a cure for Myeloma. 
I needed tissues at the end..... 


Then when finished viewing, 
please consider donating to or joining my team REMISSION POSSIBLE  
this year on June 25th, when I will be raising funds to support research at 
Seattle SCCA Fred Hutchinson. 


My maintenance meds -- one of which is a brand new therapy- are still working, but it may only be a matter of time that I will be needing something different. 

The 2017 Defeat Myeloma race will provide critical funding that will enable Dr. Damian Green and fellow researchers to open a clinical trial for patients with Multiple Myeloma. 
He has spent years developing a targeted form of immunotherapy that 
delivers radioactive particles directly to myeloma cells! 
They are now in the final stage of the process and anticipate opening the 
clinical trial in the next 12 - 18 months.  
Additional funds are needed to pay for the production of the antibody treatment 
in quantities suitable for human trials. 
Your DEFEAT MYELOMA dollars will go directly to this production effort and will allow patients to receive a completely new treatment approach. 
killing Myeloma cells in Dr. Green's lab 

  



Mark and Dr. Green at MoveMMore run 2016





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I'd love to hear what you think.