Blog for my weaving and horticulture avocations

CLICK WEB VERSION FOR BETTER VIEWING THIS BLOG

I am the proud granddaughter of Hungarian and Slovakian Immigrants.
This blog is where I share some insights about my avocations of Horticulture and Handweaving.


There are more labels at the very bottom of every page to help navigate topics.

Thursday, October 3, 2024

AUTUMN 2024

 



 

 
A set of warm cozy autumn beanie hats 
headed to Red Sky Gallery.
--similars also available directly 
and getting ready
 for the Artists gift show in Edmonds Nov. 16-7.
send message if interested


CROW FEATHERS

 

October theme at Red Sky Gallery is Crows and Ravens.
I decided to try a scarf for the theme.
I found a skein of "Silver Backed Broadbill"
from Syd's Threads that I had from way back
and was "saving for special".
Susan Harvey's "feathers" draft that I've done before fit the bill for this.
8/2 Tencel woven with black.

I also wove a cowl for double wrapping:

THE SCARF AT THE GALLERY:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I'd love to hear what you think.