Blog for my weaving and horticulture avocations

CLICK WEB VERSION FOR BETTER VIEWING THIS BLOG

I am the proud granddaughter of Hungarian and Slovakian Immigrants.
This blog is where I share some insights about my avocations of Horticulture and Handweaving.


There are more labels at the very bottom of every page to help navigate topics.

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Go Seahawks!

My son and I were still in Ohio on Jan 11th and were able to watch the Seahawks/ Saints game while there with my cousin whose son had played with the Steelers, Ravens, and Jacksonville so that was fun, though a bit of a nail biter of a game.
Then we flew back home in time to join the festivities leading up to the 49ers game and the Superbowl!!. Go Seahawks!!
I had made some scarves for two of my cousins who were helping me with the funeral plans for my mother.  One had a brown wool winter coat and the other had a camel wool coat.  They have real winter back there! Both of them have reddish tones in their hair. My daughter said a teal color should work. So I went with some brown tones mixed with a teal, and again used three different wefts: a taupe, a brown and a black.
 

Again you can see the difference with the exact same warp threads yet how much difference the weft makes. All three scarves on the couch show, left to right, the black weft, the brown, and the taupe.  I also played a bit with the weft and added some plaid-type mixed color horizontal striping for interest instead of having plain vertical warp stripes.


Marie chose the taupe weft to go with her camel coat and Marlane picked the one with the brown warp. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I'd love to hear what you think.