Blog for my weaving and horticulture avocations

CLICK WEB VERSION FOR BETTER VIEWING THIS BLOG

I am the proud granddaughter of Hungarian and Slovakian Immigrants.
This blog is where I share some insights about my avocations of Horticulture and Handweaving.


There are more labels at the very bottom of every page to help navigate topics.

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Winter in the garden

We had a sunny Saturday in January so I got out and did a bit of clean up and took some pictures of the garden.


Galanthus sp. Snowdrops I have to go look for the tag to see which species or cultivar this one is.

Viburnum x bodnantense 'Dawn'--the hummingbirds love this one. This is the second bloom this winter, the first blossoms lasted a while and then died off with an earlier freeze and now the buds that didn't open then are open now. 

Red foliage of Pseudowintera colorata 'Red Glow'

Blossom of the Chrysosplenium macrophyllum

Red twigs of the Cornus alba 'Elegantissima'

Flower of the Petasites japonicus var. giganteus

Grevillia blossom--another plant I have to try to remember which cultivar I bought. 

Hamamelis 'Arnold's Promise'--witch hazel--very fragrant and loaded with bloom this year



Sarcococca hookeriana --  close up of the tiny flowers above-- another very fragrant winter bloomer, have this in pots that I can move around as well as growing right by the front door where the fragrance seems to get trapped under the door overhang to greet you.

a double purple Helebore

Seed heads of Miscanthus 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I'd love to hear what you think.