Blog for my weaving and horticulture avocations

CLICK WEB VERSION FOR BETTER VIEWING THIS BLOG

I am the proud granddaughter of Hungarian and Slovakian Immigrants.
This blog is where I share some insights about my avocations of Horticulture and Handweaving.


There are more labels at the very bottom of every page to help navigate topics.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

MOM

My father had this painted in Italy
 in 1944 from a photo he had of my mom
from one of my mom's friends

Mom with her parents about 1936

Hungarian chardas music for her 93rd birthday

Wow, it has been a whirlwind the last month.
My mom had a heart attack on Dec 21st, just two days after making the Christmas cookies. She was very alert and strong for another two days, but then peacefully passed away in her sleep Monday Dec 23rd.
My grandson sadly said he was glad he got to make those cookies with her. So mom is finally back in Ohio where she has been wanting to be with all her family who have passed before her. Trying to make all the funeral arrangements over two midweek holidays was a slow process despite having prearrangements made 5 years ago for both the funeral home here and back in Ohio. My son went with me gratefully since he travels frequently and helped me through the airline hassles. We luckily had the funeral in between the two sub zero snow events so family members were able to get there. The current priest had not met my mother, but he gave a wonderful tribute to her as the last of her generation in our families who grew up in that small town. Many of the residents of my generation who knew our families still live there and provided lots of stories about mom and her family. It was good to see so many of my cousins and school friends again and have my son get to meet them and find out things about his grandmother that he never knew.

Local Obituary  Ohio Obituary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I'd love to hear what you think.