Blog for my weaving and horticulture avocations

CLICK WEB VERSION FOR BETTER VIEWING THIS BLOG

I am the proud granddaughter of Hungarian and Slovakian Immigrants.
This blog is where I share some insights about my avocations of Horticulture and Handweaving.


There are more labels at the very bottom of every page to help navigate topics.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Tips for visiting Cancer patients

http://cancerwife.com/content/tips-visiting-cancer-patients -- lots of good advice there.


It is very natural to show your care by a hug or handshake.
However, if cancer patients are immunosuppressed, any physical contact with them is not ideal.  It's best to just ask the patient if it's ok you give them a hug or hand shake: "Can I give you a hug?"  Remember that they are not trying to be unfriendly, they're just trying to stay germ-free and survive.
Cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy often have PICC lines in their arms or Ports in their breastbone area.  When giving a patient a hug, be aware of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I'd love to hear what you think.