Blog for my weaving and horticulture avocations

CLICK WEB VERSION FOR BETTER VIEWING THIS BLOG

I am the proud granddaughter of Hungarian and Slovakian Immigrants.
This blog is where I share some insights about my avocations of Horticulture and Handweaving.


There are more labels at the very bottom of every page to help navigate topics.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

FAUX IKAT TECHNIQUE

True Ikat is a dyeing technique for finished weaving or fabric. But in weaving we can also take predyed yarns and arrange them on the warping board to "pool" the colors together where we want them.  
Depending on how the skein is arranged this can be fairly simple, but sometimes the warp has to go around the warping board in a circle  instead of back and forth to match up the colors.  And if using knitting yarns they can be really stretchy which is tricky to manage both on the warping board and once on the loom to keep the tension even.  

Here are some of my Faux Ikat scarves and cowls I have ready ( or am getting ready ) for my SALE   (and HERE  ) this coming weekend November 19th in Edmonds WA.  


I will also be in Bellevue at the Group Health Foundation gift show 
 Tuesday November 29th.

available SOLD

sold -- NEW SIMILAR ONE AVAILABLE FOR 2017

SOLD


sold

sold SIMILAR ONE AVAILABLE 2017

sold

SOLD




After the show I had a request for a hot pink scarf. 
I used one of my favorite yarns, "Socks that Rock" from Blue Moon fiber Arts in Portland OR in a colorway called "Flamingo Feet" 
this was a Merino superwash yarn for warp and I used a thin Tencel for weft. 


SPECIAL ORDER, SOLD



Then this spring I just finished an 8/2 (thin) Tencel handpainted yarn from Yarntopia Treasures in New Mexico in spring colors for warp 
and used another thin tencel teal for the weft. 
thanks to Rebecca Kaye for the draft. 
AVAILABLE AS A COWL

SOLD



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I'd love to hear what you think.