Blog for my weaving and horticulture avocations

CLICK WEB VERSION FOR BETTER VIEWING THIS BLOG

I am the proud granddaughter of Hungarian and Slovakian Immigrants.
This blog is where I share some insights about my avocations of Horticulture and Handweaving.


There are more labels at the very bottom of every page to help navigate topics.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Part 2. Ready to weave the RED SCARVES

Tuesday December 10th,

Part 2
The tying on of 128 new threads to the previous white warp  PART 1 is finished and I'm ready to nudge the little knots through the reed and then through the heddles so I can wind the whole 7- 1/2 yard warp onto the back warp beam.

1. all tied on to the previous white warp
2. now all pulled through  the heddles
3. wound onto the back warp beam with
paper used to keep threads separated.

                         
4. lashed onto the front beam
    
5. Good use for unused nylon stockings-
this will space the threads
as well as protect the fringes during finishing.
 
     
6. Weaving with the warp threads
is started.


7. the interaction of the warp colors with
the weft colors always amazes me.
I like to use three different weft colors
to get 3 different variations on the same warp












back to Part 1,  or go to PART 3



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I'd love to hear what you think.